Lessons I learned from failure

Failure is inevitable. It hurts but It teaches a lot. I worked for months preparing myself to apply for US colleges. I stayed up countless nights writing my essays, studying for my SAT, working my GPA, and doing lots of other things. I dreamed of studying at any of these elite universities. I applied to over 20 universities, but guess what? I got rejected from all of them.
I vividly remember the moment when I realized that all the doors are closed in front of me. I knew that I am not going to make it and I will have to continue studying in my home country. I was destroyed from inside. I spent some nights crying, wondering where did all that EFFORT I made through the year go? I was immensely hopeless. Later, I got into one of the great universities in my country for studying medicine. I made a lot of friends and I started to feel satisfied. Now, I am really ambivalent and don’t know whether to apply again to the US or to stay in the place that I fell in love with. I guess that I will continue.

 Moral: Not all the things that we think are great choices for us are really the right choices for us. Sometimes life has to teach you a lesson to wake up and start to look around you. I fell in love with the university that I am in and I glad that I didn’t get into any of the US universities I applied to

Comments

  1. Hello!

    That is absolutely how one must view their life decision, whether be Universities or not winning the lottery. We must never take in adversity in the face of failure and make it control our view and actions in this world. Rather, we must make it our prey and a constant variable for teaching. I'm currently also attempting to apply to Medical Universities and I have chosen my options in several countries. I expect not to be accepted, but albeit it is challenging, I must try and that is what one must do; Try for it is the best incentive to life, try and try and try in whatever method you find successful. I'd like to end with 2 Quotes from fictional and non-fictional individuals that are connected with the same vital idea of failure:

    "It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure." - Bill Gates, Founder Of Microsoft

    "Failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." - Master Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked him through the proper steps,i recommended this http://www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The suffering that people with cancer live with!

Can someone be born with a penis and vagina together?!

Excessive meat consumption and its relation to hypertension and other diseases